Tax compliance is a term used in our industry for all services that maintain a client being ‘tax compliant’. It may include preparing accounts, a self-assessment tax return, VAT returns, PAYE reporting, employment status checks, or producing a calculation of a tax liability: that arising on the sale of a business, property or investment asset.
Being tax compliant requires implementing procedures for keeping tax records up to date and ensuring tax filings are made on time. This helps avoid interest and penalties. For a business that may be sold in the future, being tax compliant helps maintain its value to prospective buyers.
An accountant can offer some services although you may need a specialist tax adviser at hand. We offer accounting and compliance services where you will benefit from our expert tax knowledge. Our compliance clients include:
- Business owners
- High net worth individuals and families
- International investors
- International businessmen
- UK and international property investors
- Property developers
- Performing artists
Our clients need to save time and resources, which is why we put in place efficient systems to help automate compliance processes. We may take responsibility for administrative functions and reporting obligations to tax authorities as well as companies house. We can even assist with the compliance of investment structures and estate planning structures put in place.
The service we provide will be tailored to your and your business's needs. We use progressive modern systems to prepare accounts and tax computations meaning we have plenty of time to identify your tax exposure and potential ways to safely mitigate your liability.
We can help with:
- Tax accounting and returns
- Calculating potential tax liabilities
- Making claims such as research and development relief, hold over relief or negligible value claims
- Determining self employment status versus employment status
- Reviewing employer benefits and PAYE compliance
- Setting up an employee share scheme
- Enterprise Investment Schemes and Seed Enterprise Investment Schemes
- Seeking HMRC clearance on the tax treatment of transactions